- Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (YST): Anubis or technically Anubisu (悪奴弥守)
Often the u is left out when written in Romanji, and the u is silent when the name is spoken. I personally prefer writing it as Anubisu to avoid confusion with the Ronin Warrior character Anubis.
- Ronin Warriors (RW): Cale
- French Dub (Les Samouraïs de l’Eternel): Obscuror
- Italian Dub (I Cinque Samurai): Kratos
- Spanish Dub (Los Cinco Samurais): Kronos
Birth Name (Last name listed first): Sasaki, Kujuurou
- YST: Yami Mashou (闇魔将) – Translation: Darkness Demon General
- RW: Dark Warlord of Corruption and Decay, Demon of Darkness
Note: Often the “and Decay” is left out of the first title.
Hair Color / Eye Color: Blue / Blue-green
Other Physical Note: Cross shaped scar on left side of face. Top line of scar extends above eye.
Birth Date: December 3rd, 1550 (Year of the metal dog)
Note: This is the date given in YST information books. There’s a debate in the fandom if this date is based off the lunar (used in Japan before 1873) or solar calendar. As I am not sure which it is, I have left the date unchanged.
Back when he was born the area was known as Mutsu province. – Source: YST Encyclopedia aka Daijiten. (Note: Mutsu means “interior land.”)
A province in the northernmost area of Honshu. It’s famous for its apples and severe winters. (Mutsu apples are named in honor of this province.)
Physical Age: Somewhere between the age of 12 to 15 when he became a Dark Warlord/Mashou. So between 16 to 19 during the TV series.
(Became a Dark Warlord/Mashou between 1563-1565. He’d be 12 at the youngest if he joined before his birthday.)
1 year in the Netherworld/Youjakai = 100 Earth years.
Height / Weight: 170 cm (about 5.58 feet) / 63 kg (about 138.89 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Likes: Surprising or scaring people (Not sure if it’s one or the other or both.)
Dislikes: Bright places
Season He Represents: Winter
- YST: Yami – Translates to Darkness. Armor also called the Black Jackal Armor?
- RW Armor Name: Corruption?? or Darkness??
Armor names aren’t really mentioned in the series. Personally I prefer Darkness.
Armor Color: Brown with some black parts, cape with red on the outside and black inside.
Subarmor is in dual red colors.
- 3 bladed Tekko-kagi.
A ninja weapon which is on the back of the left hand of the armor. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see a real life image of it.
A long field sword primarily used on horseback. These weapons are large and heavy and take a lot of room to swing around.
- In YST the sword is called Kokuroken
- In RW the sword is called the Sword of Darkness
- YST: Ankoku Cho Uhigiri ?
- RW: Black Lightning Slash
- Other RW Attacks:
- Bring the Dead to Life
Used it to bring frozen deer back to life and follow his command.
- Sword of Darkness Destroy
Used it to slice into the large stone Kento was trapped in and working its way to pierce his heart.
- World of Darkness, bestow the cold kiss of death on this land/man
Used to freeze an area, plants and animals, solid. Unfortunately I can’t quite make out the last part of this cry due to the echo.
- Bring the Dead to Life
- Absorbing light and using it for power.
- Creating complete darkness indoors.
- Creating blinding snowstorms outdoors.
- Creating confusing illusions in total darkness which include multiples of himself and ghostly illusions.
- Very skilled in teleportation. Able to move place to place in the blink of an eye. (Talpa seems to take advantage of this as he tells him “Quickly Cale!” when moving to return Anubis to the Netherworld.)
- Freezing flowing water, plant life, animal life, and flesh solid.
- Reformed he could use his powers to be the eyes of people who are lost in darkness, fight enemies that hide in the dark, battle evil spirits, and would determinedly fight to protect people.
Kanji Symbol or Essence of Humanity:
- YST: Filial reverence or Filial piety (Kou)
- RW: Obedience