- Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (YST): Rajura (螺呪羅)
- Ronin Warriors (RW): Dais
- French Dub (Les Samouraïs de l’Eternel): Merlor
- Italian Dub (I cinque samurai): Rasta
- Spanish Dub (Los Cinco Samurais): Diablo
Birth Name (Last name listed first): Kuroda, Jirougorou
- YST: Gen Mashou (幻魔将) – Translation: Illusion Demon General
- RW: Dark Warlord of Illusion
Hair Color / Eye Color: White / Blue
Other Physical Note: Eye patch over left eye
Birth Date: September 19th, 1549 (Year of the earth rooster)
Confirmed by official YST website.
Back when he was born the area was known as Musashi province. – Source: YST Encyclopedia aka Daijiten
Tokyo is located in this area.
Jirougorou was born into a samurai family that inherited the lineage of the seven Musashi clans that were active during the Kamakura and Nanboku dynasties. (The time between 1185 AD –1392 AD.) However, at the time of Jirougorou ‘s birth, his family was only a vassal1 of a large lord. With youthful ambition in his heart, he left his family and threw himself into battle. After suffering many setbacks and enduring days of humiliation, Jirougorou formed an assassination squad with friends he had met on the battlefield and set out to kill a famous warlord in a game of chance. In this moment, he was attracted to Talpa/Arago and was drawn into the world of the Youja when he wanted to be successful in assassination. It is no exaggeration to say that his character, symbolized by “Endurance,” was nurtured by these days of suffering. He is a cautious character who quietly and secretly pursues his goals with tenacity, but his warrior heritage has given him a samurai spirit that keeps him fighting for what he believes in.
- A vassal is a person regarded as having a mutual obligation to a lord or monarch. Think similar to the feudal system in medieval Europe. The obligations often included military support by knights in exchange for certain privileges, usually including land held as a tenant or someone who held onto an estate of land, especially one held on condition of feudal service.
(Translation and explanations by Dawn Sanada of the URWWS from page 169 of Memorials, book 2.)
Physical Age: Somewhere between the age of 13 to 16 when he became a Dark Warlord/Mashou. So between 17 to 20 during the TV series.
(Became a Dark Warlord/Mashou between 1563-1565. He’d be 13 at the youngest if he joined before his birthday.)
1 year in the Netherworld/Youjakai = 100 Earth years.
Height / Weight: 176 cm (about 5.77 feet) / 70 kg (about 154.32 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Likes: Confusing people
Dislikes: Waking up early
Season He Represents: Summer
- YST: Gen
Translates to Illusion.
- RW: Illusion??
Armor names aren’t really mentioned in the series.
Armor Color: Maroon (?) with some green and gold.
Subarmor is in a dual green color.
- A spider-like weapon with 6 Kamas, each Kama can be removed and used individually. This weapon can extend to very long lengths. When each Kama connects with ground, it immediately expends a spider-like substance and creates a web.
- Nunchuka on left forearm
- Morning star on right forearm
- YST: Tochimou
- RW: Web of Deception
- Casting illusions over himself to either appear as someone or something else, or to blend into the environment.
- Creating spider webs to entrap people. As they struggle the web substance digs further into their bodies.
- Reformed he could use his powers to create peaceful soothing visions.
- Light from the Shakujo
- Light from the Jewel of Life
- Sage’s / Seiji’s sword, which reveales in its blade the truth behind the illusions
Kanji Symbol or Essence of Humanity:
- YST: Endurance, forbearance, patience, self-restraint (Nin)
- RW: Serenity
- YST: Jûrôta Kosugi – Picture 1 | Picture 2
- Matthew Smith (Primary)
- Peter Wilds (episode 2 – “Glory for Anubis”)