- Yoroiden Samurai Troopers (YST): Naaza (那唖挫) Sometimes spelled Nāza
- Ronin Warriors (RW): Sekhmet
- French Dub (Les Samouraïs de l’Eternel): Cyanor
- Italian Dub (I cinque samurai): Krana
- Spanish Dub (Los Cinco Samurais): Phantom
Birth Name (Last name listed first): Yamanouchi, Naotoki
- YST: Doku Mashou (毒魔将) – Translation: Poison Demon General
- RW Title: Dark Warlord of Venom and Demon of Venom
Hair Color / Eye Color: Green / Black (seems to be pupil only)
Other Physical Notes:
- No eyebrows and violet shaded eyelids.
- Some episodes show something on the middle of his forehead. (A scale perhaps?)
- Said to have Hebigami (literally Snake Kami) blood/ancestry. Not sure it’s “official” but it’s been pretty much an accepted fact. (As it generally makes sense and accounts for his odd appearance.)
Birth Date: October 8th, 1551 (Year of the metal pig)
Confirmed by official YST website.
Birthplace: Southern Kyushu
Back when he was born the area was known as Satsuma province. – Source: YST Encyclopedia aka Daijiten.
Considered to be the birthplace of Japan. The Takachiho gorge is located here.
Physical Age: Somewhere between the age of 11 to 14 when he became a Dark Warlord/Mashou. So between 15 to 18 during the TV series.
(Became a Dark Warlord/Mashou between 1563-1565. He’d be 11 at the youngest if he joined before his birthday.)
1 year in the Netherworld/Youjakai = 100 Earth years.
Height / Weight: 172 cm (about 5.64 feet) / 62 kg (about 136.69 lbs)
Blood Type: AB
Likes: Tricking (or trapping?) people
He did grow up in Southern Japan, so he probably can’t tolerate cold very well.
Season He Represents: Autumn
- YST: Doku – Translates to Poison.
- RW: Venom??
Armor names aren’t really mentioned in the series.
Armor Color: Mostly green with red, or reddish-orange, on the chest plate area and gold colored hilts on his swords.
The swords on his back have a special hilt and pummel design that looks like snakes. The four swords on his waist are gold and have a simple plain katana design.
Subarmor is in dual brown colors.
- 6 swords, all of which I believe are katanas. (There is some debate if the 2 on his back are larger swords or not.)
- Sword name(s) in RW: Snake Fang Swords
- YST: Ja Ga Ken – Translation: Snake or Serpent ? Sword – One definition of “ga” I found means grace or elegance
- RW: Snake Fang Strike
Powers / Abilities:
- Telekinesis (used to make whip attack as well as control each sword individually)
- Using poison to inflict pain, help possess people, cause (temporary?) paralysis, blindness.
- Demolishing, or in this case dissolving, an entire area or building around him.
- Seems to have quick healing and recovery from injuries. (Sekhmet, “You fool! You can cut off the tail of a snake, but then it just grows back.”)
- Reformed his poison can be used to heal. (Possibly used as medicine?)
- Light from Sage’s / Seiji’s sword
- Light from the Jewel of Life
- Light from the Shakujo
Kanji Symbol or Essence of Humanity:
- YST: To care for the aged and those of a humble station (Tei)
- RW: (Filial) Piety